Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 44: Olympics & Numbness

This morning I awoke with considerable energy so I rolled out of bed, put on my workout clothes, and.... spent hours watching the London olympics.  They are just too addicting!  I'm fascinated by the heavily-muscled athletes who appear to breathe commitment, focus, strength, and willpower.  It is a raw, emotionally compelling event as well: the feeling of breaking a new record or advancing to finals seems to be the purest form of joy.  A few friends and I just finished watching women's gymnastics, marveling at their devotion to the sport-- if only I could have that sort of passion for something!

In jaw surgery-related news, I'm starting to regain the tiniest bit of feeling back in my gums!  Up until now, the gums holding my upper teeth in place have been completely numb since surgery.  Now it hurts a little if I poke certain parts- yay!  The surgeon warned that the nerves may not regenerate, but I'm hoping that this means they will.
Also: splint removal date confirmed for August 14th-- YES!  This means two weeks until splint freedom.  I cannot wait!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Allie! I was so happy to find your blog this morning!
    I am also from California, and I'm getting ready to have surgery in the next few months (who was your surgeon)
    You look amazing, and I can't wait to read through the rest of your posts!
    Best of luck with the rest of your recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely be following your blog as well :)

      Delete