Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 4: Puffy Lip Post-Op Pics!

Not breathing is by far the worst.  I've been waking up each morning incredibly congested and gasping for air.  I really hope my nose stops bleeding soon, I'm sick of this!  I'm using afrin and saline to combat the congestion, but it keeps coming back!
BUT I slept a solid six hours last night which is more than the two previous nights combined!  It was amazing!  I also slept horizontally for the first time since surgery which felt awesome.  I've been weaning myself of the meds as well- no more tylenol with codeine and onto just motrin!  I'm still very sleepy despite all this.  There's a lot of pressure in my sinuses which I feel behind my eyes and in my ears.  My skin's been really flaky also- aquaphor is a must!  But at this point, nothing's unbearable- just inconvenient.  I can't wait until I can talk and smile and laugh again!  I feel like I appear to be an emotionless, speechless blob.
I've been a little more daring with my food choices!  My parents have been trying to blend turkey burgers and pasta which are a nice change from soup, which is still my preference.  Liquid muffins are definitely an acquired taste.  This morning I had hot chocolate through my syringe, yum!

 My swelling's started to lessen a little although I still am a Michelin man:





My nose turned up a little which I'm not sure I'm happy about yet, but my profile's looking way more balanced!

No comments:

Post a Comment