Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 42: Splint Close-Up

Oh how I love feeling normal again!  Tonight consisted of going OUT to dinner, The Dark Knight Rises, and hours spent just hanging with friends.  One of my favorite types of nights-- and the splint hardly interfered.

Now that I have regained full mobility of my jaw, I thought I'd post a picture of my splint for those wondering what it looks like.  I recall not being able to find many clear photos of the thing while researching surgery, so here's mine: 

Hawt.

As is evident from the photo, the splint extends all the way to the back of my palate with a small opening through which I can touch the roof of my mouth.  I imagine this is what a horse feels like with that metal bit in its mouth.  Ugh.  Can't wait until I'm free of this awful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment