Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 31: One Month In Pictures

Since I figure the majority of the swelling has now gone down, I thought it would be interesting to compile all of my progress pics over the month in this post!  Prepare to scroll:














Aaaand in profile:















There's definitely a little swelling around my lips and cheeks still, but I think I'm more or less at my final form!


I learned today that my appointment to get my splint out has been made for August 17th.  Another month from now.  Ugh.  Sometimes it seems like this process will never end-- my whole summer's shot!  I must have been too optimistic going into surgery, thinking that I would have a little free time without all the hardware in my mouth.  Nope.  The wires under my gums on the bottom are serving no purpose, staying in for the sole reason that taking them out requires the complete sedation that will accompany removal of the splint.  I wish I could tear them out myself, but I am powerless to do anything but wait.  I anxiously await the day when jaw surgery isn't always on my mind!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, it's really helpful to see progress like this, as I think that when I come out of surgery I'll find it hard to believe that I ever won't look like a balloon!

    Waiting for appointments is sooooooo frustrating, I hope August 17th comes round quickly for you! I can't imagine a time in my life when I won't think about teeth and jaws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Sarah! And I hope so too! Ugh I wish this process wasn't so long!

      Delete
  2. Your profile looks amazing!! Congratulations - it IS an extremely long process, but these pictures are worth it all!

    ReplyDelete