Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 23: Girl With A Pearl Earring

Maybe I'll become a psychiatrist after all of this.  In my state of being unable to talk, I have spent a great deal more time listening to and understanding others.  Last night while hanging out with a close friend, she remarked to me that the best friends are those who can exchange no words without any awkwardness or feeling of obligation to speak.  If nothing else, I really have learned through this experience just how fortunate I am to have such wonderful people in my life that love me no matter what condition I'm in!  And after college, an environment in which I am constantly surrounded by a large variety of people, I have now come to appreciate solitude and self-reflection time.  I have also acquired a lot of patience.  Also thanks to some Youtube videos that some friends and I watched one night, I now know several dirty words in sign language. hahaha.

I took this photo of my profile today:


Channelling Vermeer's Girl With A Pearl Earring?



No comments:

Post a Comment