Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 20: FIRST SMILE IN 3 WEEKS!!! :)

The title says it all!  After nearly three weeks of being unable to smile, I finally got my facial muscles to do my bidding!  Greatest day ever.  It looks weird because of the bands, but here are some pics:

My bottom lip appears to still be sticking out in front when I smile in profile, but it's much less noticeable than it was before surgery.  

It definitely hurts a bit, but I consider today to be a big step!  I can now tell I'm going to be happy with the results of surgery.  My midline is definitely off, which I'm just being nitpicky about, but this is a huge improvement from before!  I can't wait to be rid of all the other shit in my mouth and see my braceless smile!  Happy day! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hooraaayyyyyyy!!! Your smiling:) That must feel so good after so long of not being able to smile! and what a stunning smile wow:) I think the surgery has really accentuated your eyes too I just noticed! I can't believe how little swelling you have for 3 weeks after surgery, I hope thats the same for me but I think I'll end up with loads because I even looked like a balloon head after just the wisdom teeth operation pahaa..
    Your blog has been so useful to me by the way, It's one of the best ones I've seen so far!! thankyou so much for making it:) I feel like I can relate to you as well because our bites were sort of similar and we're both young girlss hehe! I hope everything continues to go really well xoxoxxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You look extremely happy, which makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rosa: Yessss it does! My smile's definitely not there yet, but this is something and I'm so excited! There's definitely still some swelling there, but I think what really helped is the constant icing right after surgery. Ice ice ice! And thank you so much that's so great to hear!!! I hope everything goes well with you, the waiting period is the worst! I can't wait to keep updated on your journey! :)

    @Max: I am!! :)

    ReplyDelete