Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 41: New Splint Removal Date?

A bit of good news on the jaw front today: there was an opening at a different office to undergo my splint removal a few days earlier!  Although it has yet to be confirmed, August 14th would be the new date rather than August 17th.  A few days may seem negligible but I will gladly take any opportunity to have a little more time without this massive, annoying thing in my mouth.  It has just been so long since I've actively wanted to go out, enjoy myself, meet new people, try new places.  That's who I've always wanted to be, not someone who is content to stay in, avoiding others night after night.  I'm itching to regain confidence but it feels like a fruitless effort when I'm spitting all over the place.

I am absolutely relieved that the weekend is finally here-- my first full week of work was exhausting!  Tomorrow I am seeing the friend I spoke about yesterday and I am eager to offer my support in person. We're all still reeling from the news, but the situation is optimistic and hopefully this is an isolated instance that won't give her trouble again.

It's so interesting to read about those whose blogs I follow who just had their surgeries!  Those first couple of days were a hellish blur for me, days that seem to have taken place years ago.  I am grateful to be thus far in my journey and am wishing those new patients all the best!

1 comment:

  1. That's really exciting news!! I hope it works out! That split has been holding you back in a way and I hope that you are able to feel like your old self when you get it removed. I also hope that your friend is doing ok with her health issues; it's always nice to know you have friends that will be there for you when you need it and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete