Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 19: The Fourth Of July

I have the BEST FRIENDS!  Given my still-silent and foodless situation, I was planning on sitting this holiday out.  Instead of enjoying the day at the beach, I chilled inside reading The Girl Who Played With Fire and watching television.  But in the late afternoon, I received a surprise visit from two of my closest friends, one of whom I hadn't seen all summer!  It was so sweet of them to come hang out and watch fireworks with their puffy mute friend!  We had some champagne and we toasted by clinking my syringe with their glasses haha.

My loves!

I went through some other jaw blogs as well today-- I came to the realization that while other jaw surgery patients have several appointments in the first few weeks of surgery, I've had next to nothing!  It almost makes me angry how little correspondence I've had with my surgeon.  The one time I saw him (a week post-surgery) he spent maybe ten minutes with us and said little about anything!  I guess I'm just frustrated.  I want so badly to be able to talk and smile with my friends and EAT SOLID FOODS OH MY GOD.  It's been almost three weeks now, so hard to believe!  My next appointment is on the 13th, by which time it will have been a month since surgery.  

I'm also concerned that my midline is definitely a little off.  It was before surgery as well, but I didn't realize how much it would bother me after.  The problem is largely due to my deviated septum, which tilts the base of my nose. I'm hoping this is more or less fixable with orthodontics! :/

Still shut!

No comments:

Post a Comment