Monday, August 27, 2012

New Chains On My GRILLZ

A whole top diamond and the bottom row's gold.

To get an update on my bite's progress, I paid my orthodontist a visit today.  He said it was closing up nicely! (Although I haven't been as diligent with the rubber bands as I probably should be)  I also expressed concern about the gap in between my two front teeth, a problem which he eliminated quickly with a clear chain.  For a reason I cannot recall, he also bent the wire, causing one of my front teeth to be pulled down unevenly.  I think I'm going to call for another appointment-- I really don't think that this was his intention.  
But some GOOD NEWS: I may get the braces off in just four months instead of six!  If everything progresses as it has been, I will be fitted for a large medieval mouthguard-like retainer that I will wear at night sans braces to keep my bite in check instead.  YAY!

Also took a new passport photo today: 



Things have certainly changed in five years!

2 comments:

  1. My bottom incisors were similarly uneven when I first showed up at the orthodontist this year, but he was able to fix them in what seemed like just a week or two. I was really impressed! Hopefully yours will move back just as quickly!

    Did you get a new passport photo because you were due for one, or because you thought you might not be recognizable? I was thinking about that - particularly since I am having both upper and lower jaw surgery, and will probably look quite different! Will I have to get a new driver's license, or always travel with a note from my doctor explaining what happened to my face? It's funny to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an appointment tomorrow- hopefully all will be fixed!

    I was due for one but it came at the right time-- you shouldn't look that radically different after surgery! You will still look like you, no need to change everything! :)

    ReplyDelete