Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 64: Unstable

It scares me how mobile my teeth have become!  Having worn the rubber bands infrequently for only a few days, I already feel my bite shifting around from right to left.  I was totally under the impression that once the splint came out, everything would be all healed up and solid.  The fear of relapse always haunts me-- I can't imagine having endured so much just to end up at the beginning.
My summer internship is coming to a close with a big presentation to all these important people on Thursday.  Aaahh! Normally I would worry about stumbling over words, but having had to talk through a variety of metal and plastic implements in my mouth, I feel like I can articulate through anything!  I'm nervous of course, but not too concerned about having to present with braces.  It takes too much effort to be all self-conscious about them at this point.
I've mentioned before that I was disappointed at not being able to travel this summer like I normally do because of surgery, but this summer at home has fostered a newfound appreciation for where I live.  It really is beautiful!  I took this picture while out boating a few nights ago:

CALIFORNIA!

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I want to go to california! It looks so beautiful:) I'm sure the unstableness is just your teeth moving around rather than your jaws, I think teeth are just quite mobile:) when the bone is healed I don't think the jaws can move around I'm not sure though ha! What are you eating at the moment? have they said anything about when you are allowed to start chewing? xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have to!!! and I want to go to england someday! i've been eating pretty normal foods... just nothing too crunchy! my surgeon said light chewing is okay :)

      Delete
  2. So jealouse of how pretty it is there. Are you sure you don't need a new gay best friend?? LOL
    Hope you continue to heal and improve. Getting my surgery soon.

    Luther
    San Francisco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Luther! your comment made me giggle :) good luck!!

      Delete