Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 66: Reflection

Throughout recovery, I often questioned whether or not this surgery was a good decision.  As I battled syringes and wires and mutism and swelling and pain, I seriously doubted if this would all be worth it in the end.  At this point in my journey, I believe I can finally say that I am so happy to have done this!  I have always had this feeling of incompleteness, as if I'm never really certain of myself or who I am.  Of course I'm not at complete self-realization just yet, but this summer was a huge step in getting there.  As I have said repeatedly on this blog, this process involves so much more than teeth and jaws and wires.  I learned a lot and grew up a lot!  I feel so much more comfortable with myself now, which is a wonderful feeling.  My confidence is returning in spite of the braces, along with a newfound zest for life and anticipation for the future. ❤

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see that you are at a point where you are able to enjoy the "big picture". A few weeks or months of struggle, for a lifetime of satisfaction with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! These are the kinds of posts I love to read! So inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete