Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 51: The State Of My Mouth

My poor little mouth is very sore today.  Talking, laughing, and eating all day without much wax has bred ulcers that catch painfully on the thick wires around my teeth.  Come to think of it, I haven't come across another blogger who is dealing with this much metal-- I am beginning to think that my surgeon does things a little differently.  His primary concern seems to be perfect occlusion of teeth and harmony of jaws rather than my exasperation with all of this.  I understand that his viewpoint is completely rational from a surgeon's perspective, but it's such a struggle here at the receiving end.  Because his office is so far, I rarely see him-- this gives me a feeling of such powerlessness.  Usually I like taking control of a situation, whereas here I can only wait.  As the de-splinting date grows nearer, I grow more and more impatient.

Unhappy mouth. :(

I have also noticed that the splint has taken on a beautiful murky brown color that is impossible to remove by any means.  There are bits of food trapped in there for godknowshowlong, turning the taste in my mouth to an often rancid, disgusting one. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment