Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 9: Real Food Cravings

After all of this is over, if I see another syringe it will be too soon.  Every time I turn on the television, commercials filled with tantalizing breaded fish and chicken, delicious chocolate sweets, and tasty burgers and hot dogs tease me endlessly.  I've started dreaming about solid foods!  Five more weeks of soups and smoothies? Ugh.
I'm still a mute as well: I've now grown accustomed to communicating via whiteboard or notepad in conjunction with my "mm-mm"s and "mm-hm"s.  My cheeks and upper lip area are sore, partially numb, and tingly, but are gaining feeling each day.  The swelling has gone down considerably and my parents say that I am beginning to look like myself again!  This is a huge relief: I am so used to my bony, angular face and jawline that my puffy image just made me look like a totally different person.  Hopefully I will be able to smile again soon!


























 Sorry for the terrible lighting!

2 comments:

  1. Allie, you look beautiful! Even with the swelling! It's just going to get better and better. I am seeing some Lana Del Ray/Julia Roberts for sure. I hope you're not feeling as stuck in your house as you were a few days ago. Try to enjoy the time off! Maybe watch some of your fav TV series or do some time-consuming craft...or maybe learn sign language;). Just remember this is a temporary stage--it will all be worth it in the end. And eating solid foods/talking/smiling/opening your mouth will be that much sweeter now that you haven't taken it for granted. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I smiled so big inside reading your comment! I've been reading and watching movies to keep me occupied :) Yes I will cherish every bite in a few months!! Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete