Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 5: Ugh.

I am growing more and more lethargic each day.  Today mostly consisted of sleeping, being congested, and trying to make myself eat.  I have lost the will to do anything.  Plainly, I am just exhausted.  Weak.  Lazy.  Despondent.  The tylenol with codeine, which I have been taking less frequently, I do not believe to be the issue.  Rather, it is a persistent feeling of complete uselessness that is preying on my mind.  Unable to speak, move much, or eat properly, I am feeling trapped in my home as well as my body.  I am beginning to resent this expressionless, bloated face I must call mine for the time being. I know things will improve in the future, but for the present, I'm just stuck.
The lack of energy may also stem from my liquid diet, which is much less than satisfying.  I have only lost two pounds, which is much better than I was expecting!  I still just feel awful in this recovery limbo.  Tomorrow will be my first day leaving the house since surgery in order to see my orthodontist who wants to evaluate my wires (or something).  I am reluctant for others to see me, but it's probably in my best interest to get out of the house.

 My parents keep insisting that my swelling is going down but I only see a little progress:



























I've also developed some bruising on my cheeks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so down. I hate to even suggest anything, I'm sure you are trying it all, but perhaps some green juice will give you a boost? Not the pre-packaged bottles from grocery store, but the real stuff from a juice bar w/kale, spinach, etc (it works for popeye?!).

    Good luck and hang in there. Sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete