Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 6: Ortho Appt

(this was technically posted on day 7, but I'm cheating a little)

Having read yesterday's blog post, my dad came to the conclusion that I am suffering from what he calls post-operative depression(he's a surgeon).  Which may very well be true, but he made a point of telling each staff member as well as the orthodontist of my state at my appointment today.  Because I was unable to offer any contradicting words or emotions, they all met me with words of sympathy and encouragement.  My orthodontist told me that everything lined up well and was looking good, and that my swelling should decrease significantly within the upcoming week.  Despite this good news, today was an emotional day.  I met my first venture outside with the utmost resistance, reluctant for others to see me in my puffy, silent condition.  When I got home, I was overall just feeling terrible.  My eyes were throbbing, my back and neck were in spasm, my nose had resumed bleeding.  I was starving but had no desire to syringe-feed myself (I have now lost five pounds :( ).  I also was exhausted, a feeling that has persisted through my week of recovery.  Dejected, I went straight to bed at around nine, waking up several times throughout the night.

I woke up this morning feeling much better, though my neck is still bothering me.  Next stop, post-op appointment with the surgeon!

Here are the photos I took on day 6:





No comments:

Post a Comment