Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 10: Down For Some Down Time

Today wholly consisted of reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and watching The Big Lebowski.  One positive that's come out of this recovery: lots of downtime to catch up on things I always wanted to do but never got around to doing!  Among reading and watching new movies, I've been sketching, writing, getting new music, thinking a lot, working a little, keeping up with the Olympic trials, and using StumbleUpon to kill endless hours on the web.  My doctors-for-parents constantly freak that I may develop blood clots from sitting so much, so I take little walks around the neighborhood.

Here's a picture of the bay from the walk I took tonight!


Gorgeous!

  There isn't much news on the jaw front other than the feeling in my facial muscles slowly coming back.  I've got in my head that I have to exercise them, so I've been making little scrunch faces and attempting to smile as I sit at my computer.  I also noticed I had only been syringe-feeding myself on the left side of my face, the side that seemed to be progressing faster.  Now I have been switching off to the right, for fear that my face will become strangely lopsided when it is fully healed.  The swelling is going down every day!  I'm excited to see the progress at the two-week mark.

For now I look like this:

























Lips are still funny-looking and still can't smile, but it's great to start to look like myself again!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I wish my neighbourhood looked at pretty as that! It may be too soon to ask, but how do you feel about the changes in your face? I think you look stunning! Your profile looks perfect! You don't look that swollen anymore either, so besides the fact that you can't speak properly or smile, you look like a normal non-post op person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daww you are too sweet! I am very happy with my profile! Not too sure about my nose- but overall I think I'm liking the result :)

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely looking forward to a little bit of down time to catch up on my movies, shows, and books. Stumbleupon is a must, and I'm probably going to spend hours on netflix and hulu. I just finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. I probably should have saved that for post-op!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about a hundred pages into The Girl Who Played With Fire now! So good! :)

      Delete