Thursday, October 11, 2012

Little Update!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long!  The college life has kept me busy.  I have still been keeping up with the progress of the other patients whose blogs I'm following though, several of whom are just in the early stages of recovery.  Everyone is doing so well!  It's so strange to think back on the misery of the first month after surgery-- I am not sure how I survived not talking or eating for a month but I am so relieved that that part of my life is far behind me.
I really haven't been wearing my rubber bands as much as I should.  Having braces is bad enough!  I'm hoping that this doesn't delay getting them off because I am SO ready.  My molars aren't quite touching yet but I have an appointment the week after next to evaluate my progress.  Wouldn't it be amazing if my braces came off then?  One can only dream.

Thankfully, the clear braces aren't too visible in pictures!





Smiling is so much easier!  I am slowly forgetting how the arrangement of my jaws felt before surgery-- the way they fit now feels so natural.  This is how it was always supposed to be. :)  Pre-braces Facebook photos can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment