Monday, September 10, 2012

COLLEGE!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, I've been busy getting back into the swing of things at school!  It was amazing being able to see all my college friends again after my hell of a summer.  I have received such an interesting variety of responses about my surgery!  Having posted my blog on Facebook, many of my classmates already knew and asked about my situation.  I was surprised at how many people, some I had barely spoken to over the summer, had taken interest in my blog and were curious about my progress.  In most other situations however, I have learned to leave surgery out of the "hey how was your summer?" conversation.  Even so, I have found myself discussing my surgery frequently to curious classmates.  Comments I have gotten include:

Allie how are you? What's different?

You look SO different!  

You look exactly the same!

It looks so good!

You look awesome!

I saw your profile the other day and I thought you were a different person!

Your nose looks different!

You got surgery??? Why???

How the hell did you eat??

My friend/cousin/aunt/nephew's ex-girlfriend had the exact same thing!

For the most part, I don't mind answering questions about surgery, though they tend to be repetitive.  It's nice to know that people care!



My bite has almost completely closed-- my teeth occlude nearly perfectly on the left and still are a little apart on the right.  I haven't been religious in wearing the rubber bands but even so I can feel my teeth touching little by little each day!  I am itching to visit my orthodontist again to determine when I can get these braces off.  Even though I don't mind them as much anymore, I still feel like a dork being a braced college student.

1 comment:

  1. It's weird how some people will say you look the same whilst others say you look different! It's funny that you said about people saying that they know someone who had the same surgery. Despite it being relatively rare (as far as I'm aware it is), nearly every time I tell someone new about it, they go 'Oh my friend had that done', or 'I know someone at school who had that done'!

    ReplyDelete